To kick off the 2019 CCAA Women's Volleyball National Championship, Niagara College will be hosting a Sport Symposium for Niagara College students in the morning of Thursday March 7th, the first day of the tournament.
Taking place in NCSAC's The Core, the symposium will consist of two different panels of leaders in the sport industry. The first panel will be all about trends in Canadian Sport Business surrounding communications/media, sponsorship, and events. Leading this discussion will be panelists:
- Doug Smith (Sports Journalist, Toronto Star)
- Jonathan Chang (Director, Events and Basketball Operations, NBA Canada)
- Cheri Bradish (Loretta Rogers Research Chair in Sport Marketing, Ryerson University and University of Guelph Volleyball Alumnus)
- Mark Eckert (CEO, Volleyball Canada)
The second set of panelists will discuss opportunites that will arise as a result of the 2021 Canada Summer Games which are being hosted by the Niagara Region. These panelists include:
- Nick Snow (Director, Sport and Athlete Services, Canada Summer Games Niagara 2021)
- Erin Edwards (Manager, Venue Management and Overlay, Canada Summer Games Niagara 2021)
- Sandra D'Annunzio (Associate Dean, School of Justice & Fitness Studies, Niagara College)
- Dina Fox (Associate Director, Student Engagement, Academic Advisement & Career, Niagara College)
- Sandra Murray-MacDonnel (Executive Director, Canadian College Athletic Association)
Tickets for this event are free, however there are a limited number available so Niagara College students are encouraged to register for this event as soon as possible. You can register online here.