Athletic Therapy Services are provided free-of-charge to the varsity athletes only.
The Athletic Therapy clinic is located adjacent to the gymnasium facilities within the Welland Campus Athletics and Recreation Centre.
The certified athletic therapist in the clinic uses contemporary rehabilitative techniques, therapeutic modalities, physical reconditioning and supportive wrapping and taping procedures in the assessment, prevention, immediate care and reconditioning of musculoskeletal injuries.
Prevention techniques include:
- musculoskeletal and postural evaluations
- sport specific warm-up activities
- flexibility and strengthening exercises
- application of prophylactic wrapping and taping
The provisions of on-field immediate care of injuries include:
- injury assessment,
- basic emergency life support
- recognition and management of acute traumatic neurological dysfunction
- provision of first aid
- preparation for entrance into appropriate health care delivery systems
- when appropriate, utilization of techniques facilitating a safe return to sport participation
Clinical rehabilitative services offered to the varsity athletes include:
- postural and gait analysis
- acute and chronic injury/condition assessment
- therapeutic flexibility and strengthening exercise prescription
- manual therapeutic techniques
- soft-tissue release techniques
- ultrasound and electoral modalities
- hot and cold hydrotherapy
- concussion return to play protocol
How to Make an Appointment
Athletic Therapy services are provided free-of-charge to the varsity athletes only.
Appointments can only be made online. Click here.
Athletes can also make appointments with a nurse or physician on campus at the Niagara College Health Centre by calling 905-735-2211 ext.7635
Monday to Thursday: 5:00pm to 9:30pm
NOTE: Hours are subject to change