Now Accepting Applications For:
Head Coach, Curling Program Department of Athletics & Recreation
Niagara College is seeking applicants for the position of Head Coach for our Curling Program. The Niagara College Knights compete in the Ontario Colleges Athletic Association (OCAA) and is a member of the Canadian Collegiate Athletic Association (CCAA). Reporting to the Associate Director of Athletics & Recreation, the Head Coach’s responsibilities with the Curling Program include:
- Developing and implementing an annual training program that maximizes recruiting opportunities, optimizes training sessions, and prepares the student-athletes for success in CCAA competition
- Providing appropriate physical and mental training programs
- Supporting and monitoring student-athletes’ academic progress
- Integrating community programming with the curling program
- Designing and running grassroots clinics and camps
- Supporting and acting in accordance to the strategic direction and initiatives as they relate to student- athlete support, general promotions, budget management, appropriate administrative responsibilities, and community/alumni relations
- Leading the program in accordance to Niagara College, OCAA, and CCAA policies and procedures
The successful candidate should have a minimum of four years of relevant Head Coaching experience. Applicants should be, at a minimum, Train to Compete “Certified” (or equivalent). Previous coaching experience in the CCAA, USPORT and/or Elite Club level is considered an asset.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Niagara College is committed toworkplace diversity.
Please note hand-delivered or emailed applications will not be considered. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Niagara College is committed to workplace diversity.